RDA KIDS DANCE CLUB
DanceSport is the unique activity that combines both sport and the art of dance. It allows participants to improve their physical fitness, coordination and balance. Here at RDA Kids Club, we promote family participation, help the children develop social interaction and work on building a family team environment within our studio. DanceSport also builds discipline for growing kids, with the structured approach to classes. This is something that can support children throughout the many different emotions of life, providing skills that can see them right through adulthood. A sport for all ages – and one that has many health benefits.
We love (and encourage) our parents/guardians/grandparents etc to stay during classes and watch what the children learn. We feel that this supports the students, and makes them feel more relaxed in this environment. And besides, it may encourage you to join in!
FIRST CLASS IS FREE!
DARRA OXLEY PONY CLUB, 588 BOUNDARY ROAD, RICHLANDS
RDA Kids Dance Club will run to Queensland school terms. There will be 4 dance classes on a Thursday afternoon at our Richlands location:
- Junior Hip Hop Classes (ages 6 – 12) at 4:15pm – 5:00pm – $8 per class
- Tiny Tots Ballroom (ages 4 – 6) at 5.00pm – 5.30pm – $5 per class
- Mini Groovers Ballroom ( ages 6 – 9) at 5.30pm – 6.00pm – $8 per class
- Teen Groovers Ballroom (ages 10 – 18) at 6.15pm – 7.00pm – $12 per class
We will be running these classes as Medal classes, and students will sit an exam at the end of Terms 1 & 3 of the Queensland School Term. Children will be learning dances from 3 styles, in the styles of Standard, Latin & New Vogue (Australian sequence dancing) and work towards the medal.
- Jazz Tech (ages 6 – 12) at 4.15pm – 5.00pm on a Tuesday at our same location.
Register now through our contact us page for your free class. Please contact Jody on 0499 848 833 or Kaliah on 0425 853 113 for any enquiries.
CORINDA BOWLS CLUB, 58 HALL AVE, CORINDA
RDA Kids Dance Club is also excited to announce our second location at Corinda on Wednesday afternoons. This is an exciting opportunity to expand our offerings of dance classes and some with a twist! Our schedule is as follows:
- Mini Groover Ballroom (ages 6-12 years) at 3:15pm -4:00pm – $8 per class
- Mini Jazz (ages 6-12 years) 4:00pm – 4:45pm – $8 per class
- Junior Hip Hop (13-15 years) 4:45pm – 5:30pm – $12 per class
- Teens Ballroom (13-18 years) 5:30pm – 6.15pm – $12 per class
- Commercial Jazz Heels (13-18 years) 6:15pm – 7:00pm – $12 per class
- Dance Fitness (15 – Adult) 7:00pm – 8:00pm – $12 per class
Fees and Charges
All of our RDA kids classes have a once off joining fee of $45 which includes your studio shirt, and a $10 admin fee per family per term.
While not all dancers choose to compete, dancing in a competition can foster self-esteem for young dancers.
Dancesport is the name given to competitive Ballroom Dancing. Competitions are held on local, regional, National, and International levels. Dancers compete in groups against other dancers of the same age and skill level. Although competition may bring visions of elaborate costumes, covered in rhinestones, at the juvenile level (up to the age of 13) there is a restricted dress standard.
In 2021, we will be looking to develop a competition team, looking to compete in our competitions throughout Brisbane & outer areas (Gold & Sunshine Coast).
Should your child be interested in competitions, please contact us here, or speak with any of the coaches and we would be more than happy to provide further information.